Glitchpunk Blends Retro and Futuristic Visuals
Glitchpunk will go into Steam Early Access on Aug. 11th, 2021.
There are few video games that depict dystopian worlds. With developer Dark Lord, alongside publisher Daedalic Entertainment, you’ll soon get another glimpse into the future. Glitchpunk reveals an urban world where gangs and cults dominate the streets.
Glitchpunk, Hacking and Fighting your way Through Neo Cities
In its top-down action-oriented gameplay, Glitchpunk is reminiscent of the classic Grand Theft Auto 2 from Rockstar Games. In Outpost Texas, New Baltia, Neo Tokyo, and Moscow, players will battle, shoot, and steal their way through campaigns the retro aesthetic will surely captivate any fans of this gameplay style. As stated by Daedalic Entertainment, Glitchpunk isn’t quite another shooter.
Each of the cities in the game has a different gang and character while also carrying on the protagonist’s gripping story.
GLITCHPUNK KEY FEATURES:
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Hacking system allowing players to control the minds of pedestrians and affect various devices
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- Four different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter (two cities at Early Access launch and two more to come!)
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials